Job Post Description:
We are looking for an experienced and creative Social Media Specialist to join our team. As a Social Media Specialist, you will be responsible for creating and administering content on all social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, to increase our online presence, engagement and improve our marketing efforts. You will be working closely with the president and program coordinator. We are a small nonprofit focused on a rare disorder called Amniotic Fluid Embolism Foundation. The Specialist position develops and implements strategies that will engage community members through targeted digital marketing and communications initiatives involving new and developing media and technologies.
- Develop strategies for social and other digital marketing channels that are cost effective.
- Ensure outside companies we collaborate with on digital resources are aligned with organization objectives.
- Use reporting, SEO, and analysis to monitor and optimize digital marketing and communications efforts.
- Work closely with other staff members to ensure online and offline campaigns are integrated and digital channels areused effectively for the retention and development of members and supporters.
- Continually look for opportunities to push digital marketing and communications forward and deliver exceptionalexperiences for members and donors.
- Work within an existing brand voice, both in visual representation and editorial style, to support the consistency ofmessaging across campaigns and the organization.
- Manage online communications calendar and oversee the creation, production, and delivery of station emailcommunication.
- Assist us on building a better community for diversity and inclusion.
- Develop, implement, and manage our social media strategy.
- Define the most important social media KPIs.
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network.
- Assist us on building a presence on TikTok and Instagram Reels.
- 2+ years of experience working in digital marketing, content creation, social media, or other marketing and communications.
- Strong knowledge of current and developing online marketing and communications strategies, social media, mobile, website, and new technologies.
- Must understand “best practices” across multiple platforms and the knowledge base to develop “best practices” for emerging media types.
- Knowledge of how digital marketing best practices support fundraising and development initiatives.
- Creative individual with strong experience using various technology tools to develop innovative and engaging content.
- A true team player who understands how to work productively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of customer relationship management systems (CRM), email service providers, internet applications, and content publishing tools.
- Ability to meet deadlines and goals.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, and IG social media best practices.
- Familiarity with the platform Canva.
- Experience with maternal morbidity and mortality is not required but would be a bonus.
This is a contract position estimated at 5-10 hours per week. Hourly rate will range from $20-25/hour based on experience.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in applying for this position.